Saturday, March 29, 2008

An Opportunity to Bless

In less than a week, Dad, Steven and I will be going on a medical missions trip to Valladolid, Mexico. This city is located on the Yucatan Peninsula, and has a population of about 50,000. It is shown as a red star on the MapQuest map above.

What an exciting opportunity this is for us -- especially for Steven and I -- as we are in the process of finishing up our second year of taking Spanish. We will be going with an organization called Global Health Outreach, sponsored by the Christian Medical and Dental Association. Our goal is to bless others with the love of Christ. Several physicians, nurses, etc. make up the team and will minister to the people by providing for medical needs. Others, including Steven and I, will be helping with logistics.

Please Pray:
  • That this trip would glorify the Lord and serve to encourage others!
  • That the Lord would prepare our hearts for the time we spend in Mexico, and that His testimony and Holy Spirit would be evident.
  • Pray that the hearts of those we come in contact with would be turned toward Christ.
  • For traveling mercies and safety.
I hope to post while we are there. Dad says that we will have Internet access, so this may indeed be possible. Our trip extends from April 5th - 13th. During our stay we also will get to tour the Mayan ruins of Chichen-Itza.

I look forward to this time that the Lord has provided for us, and hope that He will use it to accomplish His purposes!

5 comments:

Allison said...

How exciting! I'll definitely be praying! I hope you'll be able to post while there, so I can read the updates!

Katie said...

That is awesome! I hope you will be able to touch many hearts with the world of our Lord! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!
~Katie

Anonymous said...

WE hope you have a wonderful time. We'll be praying for you!
With love from the Pollock family

Caleb said...

Sounds fun! I hope you have a great time, and I hope you are able to accomplish what the Lord wills!

The Thunders said...

I know you will have a great time! We will be praying for you! Happy Birthday:-)
-Aliya