Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Sewing Project

My mom discovered a neat website called Lazy Girl Designs. They sell a bunch of cute and amazingly easy patterns for little purses, pocketbooks, totes, and more! Their products remind me of Vera Bradley type purses. Mom got their pattern for the Veronica Pocketbook, and I zoomed away on the sewing machine and produced this beautiful handbag on my own. I love it especially because it is the perfect size to carry the few things I bring along on any day trip.

It goes so well with denim!

Two pockets are included inside the bag.

The pattern was very easy to follow. I found it very helpful that the directions had a color photograph pertaining to each step of the way. Another pattern we have done from Lazy Girl is the A-Door-Able -- Mom made a bunch of them for our ladies book club and we filled them with goodies for each participant.

Check it out and be inspired!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks like it took a lot more work than your description lets on. How fun to have such great projects to work on!

Unknown said...

that's really cute, Kris!! It does look a lot like Vera, and I LOVE Vera! :)

Katie said...

Wow Kristian that turned out great!!! I love the Lazy Girl Designs!
~Katie

Allison said...

That did turn out great! I like the material!