Monday, January 18, 2010

With His Hands

Knitting needles have been clacking for several weeks now, many projects taking shape. Nothing like the feel of yarn through your fingers...


My hands are always cold. icy. frigid. When I saw a pattern for "fingerless mittens" on Martha Stewart's website, I whipped out some scrap yarn from a previous project and eagerly started knitting. Now, while scratching away with pencil and paper during these monotonous, winter school days, I sport their colorful design.

But, no sooner did I finish when Mom made admiring comments. As Christmas was just around the corner, I modified the pattern to make a pair for her to enjoy.


^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *


My cold hands He holds in His.

Though I hold them outstretched

These hands have nothing they can give.

Veined to an icy, cold heart

A source hardened, uncapable to produce the life-giving flow.




But He warms my heart

Melts the stone cold soul

Showing me His soft touch

Clasping my weak hands in His




His hands hold mine

Giving the warm surge

Rush of life

That I might touch another

Reaching out a hand like His






with His.


^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *





But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your
work shall be rewarded.


- 2 Chronicles 15:7


For He wounds, but He binds up; He shatters, but HIS hands heal.


- Job 5:18


Behold, you have instructed many, and YOU have strengthened the weak hands


- Job 4:3


For you, O LORD, have made me glad by Your work; at the works of YOUR hands I sing for joy.


- Psalm 92:4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great mittens, Kristen. I am always looking for a good pattern. I think I will try these. Thanks for the tip. Yours are beautiful!

jenny white

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy!! Beautiful gloves! I'll bet you're mom loves them. And I love the accompanying scripture.
Miss you!... and can't wait to see you!
My love to all of you~
Mrs. P.