on a long drive in the dark night of winter, I tiredly looked out the car window and noticed the bright light of the full moon. It illuminated the countryside, the trees, the snow-covered ground in a glorious way . . .

Photo credit : (cc-by-nc-nd) Bruno Monginoux / http://www.landscape-photo.net/
A full moon shines bright, a beacon in the dark night.Reflecting the Light of the sun above,
Proclaiming the splendor and glory of the Great One,
Hidden, yet to be revealed.
In this world of black lies,
Barren wasteland,
Cold, frozen ground
Dead, dying limbs hold arms upward
Frail, brittle, lifeless,
Thirsty.
Lord, let the Light of Christ shine through me
Piercing the darkness
Exposing the shadows.
May my life reflect the glory of the unseen
Declaring the presence of the Mighty One
THE source, THE Light, The only Truth.
Lord, let Your Light be seen in me.
2 comments:
Great post! I really like the poetry. Did you write it?
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I did write the poem--I am glad it was an encouragement to you!
Post a Comment