Sunday, July 10, 2011

He is Worthy

I have been so challenged and encouraged by the testimony displayed in the lives of Jim Elliot and those who gave their lives in ministry in Ecuador. Despite tragedy and death while reaching out to lost souls, their hearts and words point to a greater hope, a greater treasure--the One who was over all. Over the next few posts, I hope to share a few quotes which illuminate Christ's sustaining presence in their lives.


"Their story . . . has pointed to one thing: God is God. If He is God, He
is worthy of my worship and service
. I will find rest nowhere but in His will, and that will is infinitely, immeasurably, unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to.

" . . . God is the God of human history, and He is at work continuously,
mysteriously, accomplishing His eternal purposes in us, through us, for us, and
in spite of us."

~ Elisabeth Elliot
Through Gates of Splendor

No comments: