Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sweden 2008: Remembering the Past...

We went to Linnefors and saw the old, but still standing railway station from which my great-grandmother began her journey to America when she was sixteen years old.
This is the home where my great-grandmother lived. Grandma remembers visiting there as a child in 1949 with her family. She shared many stories with us about her stay at this place.

We went into the woods behind the house where Grandma remembers catching a perch!Steve and I on the rock that Grandma and her cousins loved to play on in 1949.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kristen,

I have been reading your blog about all of your travels to Mexico and to Sweden. I saw your Grandparents today at a funeral at Woodlands and I didn't even know that you were back yet so that was kind of weird. I am so happy for you that you go to have these wonderful experiences and especially to have gone on the Scandinavian trip. Your Grandmother was telling me all about finding her cousin at one of the houses in Sweden. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Great photo tour, Kristen!! Looks like you all had a great time! Glad you're home safe and sound.
love, the Pollocks

Unknown said...

Too cool! Awesome post, Kris!